Friday, June 24, 2011

dropcloth virgin

This post is simply out of pure excitement. Im soon to do my first dropcloth slipcovers........Ive picked up my "ballardlist" coventry storage benches. I love them, all except the fabric of course. Ive wanted banquet seating in the dining room for some time now, its just a really good solution for any small dining room. Most of u know my dining room to look like this.....









Please ignore the mess in the corner........

Some changes are about ready to take place though. Im just sorry i couldnt get some of these things done before the blog party.....I work outside the home, which can leave very little time for projects to get finished. Anyway just wanted to show u the benches..........




To those of u who may be wondering, we will be re-moving the mantel on the back wall and re-locating it to another space so that the bench can hug the wall as it should. So there ya have it ,our solution to better seating in a small dining space, however as murphy's law would have it,  all solutions generally create new dilemas, LOL..



Now the drapes are too long, go figure.................Here's to drop cloths, be back soon with more pics.







9 comments:

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Good luck with your slipcovers. Can't wait to see how everything turns out. Will your overall color scheme stay the same?

Unknown said...

Oh Bonnie I'm so glad you got the banquet... I know I will be the first to see what you do

Pattie

NanaDiana said...

Hi Bonnie- I am your newest follower. I just keep stumbling along from blog to blog and here I am! I am going to go back and check out some of your older posts too. You will love working with drop cloths..they are so versatile and can be used for so many things. I do always wash them first before I cut into them though because they do tend to shrink a bit.

Your dining room is gorgeous and I can't wait to see more. I live in Wisconsin and my blog is mostly about my grandkids (I have a SweetCheeks following!;>) and a bit of this and that. I am happy to have found you ... and if you get a chance...pop over and say Hello! You're stuck with me now, kiddo! Hugs-Diana

Savannah Granny said...

Hi Bonnie, I love the dining room and your banquet seating is a great idea for limited seating. I can't wait to see what you do with the dropcloths.
I am your newest follower. Drop by to see me if you can. Hugs, I'll be back. Ginger :)

Diane Writes said...

Hello Bonnie! The foamed benches made me remember my friends. Whenever we dine in to restaurants, everyone wants to occupy the soft benches positioned against the wall. Hahaha
Great transformation :)

saltbox
treasures
said...

Hi. It's nice to meet you. Drop cloths add a nice touch, and it's much softer and easier to work with than burlap. Is your fireplace not real? I love the beautiful details of it.
Have a great weekend!
~ Julie

Victoria said...

I love your bench seating! I wish I could sew but I'm useless at it:( I can't wait to see how this turns out and I loooove your salt and pepper shakers!

Tablescapes By Diane said...

Hi lovely lady. I love this dining room sweet lady.
Great Idea using a your banquet seating in this room, and also using a dropcloth under your tablecloth good job Bonnie. Thanks so much for your two comments abouth my Tablescape; I hope you have a great weekend.
XXOO Diane

lvroftiques said...

I love banquette seating!! I always prefer to sit in a banquette, it's so much more comfortable and cosy! I can't wait to see how your slips turn out Bonnie! And LOVE that fireplace surround! Vanna