Sunday, July 10, 2011

A few curious finds

In my travels i sometimes come accross a few things that i simply have to have. My dear bloggie buddy Vanna over at "Delusions of Grandeur" hosts her flea market finds, some wonderful things , i might add. Inspired by her i thought ide show u all a few things that i bought this week.........First thing being these 3 beautiful tapestries.  I have a feeling that 2 of them will end up in the dining room............




The colors in this one are so striking, i think it'll be going into the patriotic guest room(another work in progress, lol).......The other 2 which are a romantic "garden scene" will be turned into pillows?....that i can move around when i get bored, each one measures about 76" by 36", big huh!





Mr. Aubusson aint got nuthin on "The Hopeless Romantic"......he he. Well enuff playin around , i gotta get back to work, I just finished painting the dining room table and im working on distressing it.......




Im very pleased with the way its coming along thus far...u can see the matching chair transformation here. Its so hot out, but gotta get back to work......so dont forget if ur working outside drink plenty of water, and dont forget its AlWAYS cooler on the tile.....LOL


7 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Beautiful! I love tapestries! Wow! What a find...love your piece of furniture and last, but not least, your wonderful floppy dog! Hugs-Diana

Richard Cottrell said...

Love your Beagle baby. Richard and Sissy Dof the beagle at My Old Historic House

lvroftiques said...

Oh Bonnie I LOVE your tapestries!! You know next to you I'm #2 with the "loves romance" thang! *winks* Thank you so much for giving me a shout out! Romantic frenchy scenes get me EVERY time!! And your table is looking great! I actually had that same exact table at one time *winks* Now I don't even have a dining room.... Oh well c'est la vie.
That's one smart cutie pie furbaby! Vanna

Diane Writes said...

Hello Bonnie, great finds! I like the tapestries too. The colors and the graphical designs are just so full of life. It will further brighten up your home!

Victoria said...

Your tapestries are gorgeous!!! You're so lucky to have them! Your table looks amazing also, did you use chalk paint?

I bug my hubby all day long to drink LOTS of water, he sweats a lot at work!

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Great finds Bonnie. Loving the table too, and, of course the cutie on the floor.

Tablescapes By Diane said...

Hi lovely lady.
Your Tapestries are gorgeous Bonnie.

I had a big box of 35 Tapestries 18 by 18" and all colors but never did get to use them. So I sold them all at my Garage sale !!!! Wish I had them all back. I hope you are having a Great Day.
XXOO Diane