Monday, May 30, 2011

Outta the Picnic Basket







Hi all , i sincerely hope everyone is having a good weekend. Hoping to add to ur outdoor picnic fun, im sharing a fun, summer recipe. It's the kickoff of a new idea........ Ile feature an "Otta the Picnic Basket" recipe every Sunday....This one's not my brainchild, however , i believe ive tweeked just alil bit for the better.........Im making two today, since ill be visiting my sister later..... 


Its absolutely delishous and quite refreshing on a summer day......start with a few simple ingredients, like yogart, coolwhip, instant pudding, canned crushed pineapple, a bakery angelfood cake, and 1lb of fresh strawberries. For all the calorie watchers, yogart, coolwhip, pudding, and even the angelfood, can all be substituted with sugar-free.......



In a large mixing bowl, combine the yougart, pineapple, pudding, and coolwhip. Stir the heck out of it til its mixed really well.


Next in a large dessert bowl(this is a pretty dessert, lol, so use a pretty bowl) start ur first layer with cubed angelfood cake and sliced strawberries, then add a layer of the creamy mixture, keep doing this til the bowl is filled or ya run outta ingredients, lol.





Chill it for a couple hrs. , then serve on some really pretty plates... for a "grown up" variation of the recipe, lightly soak the angelfood cake for just a few minutes, in dark rum. Easy to do with a cookie sheet...........ENJOY and dont forget to stop by next Sunday, for another simple summer recipe thats right "Outta the Picnic Basket"!

7 comments:

lvroftiques said...

Where you been girl! Glad to see you back! And this recipe looks YUMMM-O!!!Happy Memorial day! Vanna

Tess Maxey said...

Bonnie this looks WONDERFUL!!! I can't wait to give it a try. Hope you've enjoyed your weekend.

Diane Writes said...

Hello Bonnie! My attention was caught by the Dole Pineapple slices. Dole is a local company here in the Philippines. I'm sure your husband knows that too. I'm just happy because I;ve seen a local product in an international table. :)

The dessert you made looks so yummy. The pictures tel it all. I might go out later and get some sweet too. You made me crave foe one ;-)

Sara said...

This is one of our family's favorite desserts, but my creation never looks as lovely as yours!

Farah said...

So tempting Bonnie both for eyes and stomach... looked so beautiful in your bowl Strawberry can be substituted? Because now strawberries are not in market I have some frozen...
http://craftaworld.blogspot.com/
Love
Farah

Gypsy Heart said...

Hmmmmm, I so wish I had some of this right now! It looks beautiful and delish.

Pat

Sweet Melanie said...

I could really go for some of that right now!