Monday, January 24, 2011

Sometimes ya just gotta stop and smell the roses.................

My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia



Linking today for Kristin's "Tuesday's Treasures". I know the painting looks alittle small in the pics, but it's really quite large, 24x36 to be exact. Enjoy.............This painting is truely one of my "treasures"!










I just couldnt resist posting my latest find. When i saw it , i was in love and knew i would take this painting home with me no matter how much it cost, lol.................What i wasnt prepared for was the price. When she said $375, i just knew i couldnt afford it and asked if i could do a layaway. The store owner looked at me as if i were insane............ Apparently i mis-understood, as it was only $3.75. I was thrilled!! Where do u find an origional oil for $3.75?  I knew i would probably be able to find a frame that it would fit. As u can see in my "Shabby french Re-do" this frame sits empty. I also have an empty white one on the opposite side of the bed. I really liked them empty. They are so architural all by themselves and can stand alone in any design. Well, i was playing around, an wa la,  it fit...........So the painting now has a home in a beautiful frame, now ill have to find one for the smaller white frame. Do ya think anyone will believe me when i tell them how much i paid???

2 comments:

lvroftiques said...

Are you kidding me??!! What an amazing find! In response to your post title "Sometimes ya just gotta stop and smell the roses" My first thought was sometimes you've gotta stop any buy the painting! And how RIGHT I was! I would've taken it home in a heartbeat too *winks* vanna

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

haha! Cute post~ Love it! What a great find- and FANTASTIC price!! :)